The Christmas Festival will award: 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, Most Original, and Springboro Spirit trophies to parade entrants that best display a holistic representation of the festivals persona.
The judges will base their final decisions off the following criteria.
- Festival Theme: 15 possible points and 30% of your total score. Does your float portray the festival theme?
- Originality/Creativity: 10 possible points and 20% of your total score. Is your float unique from all the other floats? How does your float illustrate the festival theme and depict your group’s personality?
- Personalization: 10 possible points and 20% of your total score. While conforming to the theme, does your business, club, or organization’s message still come through? Can I tell who you are and what you are about through your float?
- Spirit of Christmas: 10 possible points and 20% of your total score. After all, this is a Christmas festival. Hint – a fireside book reading, children building a snowman, or a living nativity will earn you more points than simply wearing Santa hats. (Please no Santa Clause on your floats. See parade rules for explanation)
- City of Springboro Element: 5 possible points for 10% of your total score. This is our community and our festival. What does this city mean to you? Show us in your float.
This is a lot to consider when building your floats but I believe you can pull it off. Time is short so get to planning and building as soon as you can. I can’t wait to see what you come up with and how you express yourselves through your floats.
If you have any specific questions you may call me at 513-968-2929 or send an email to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to seeing you all on parade day. Good luck and happy building.
Jared Weimer, Parade Chair